Tuesday, August 6, 2013

EX-PATS

About a year ago or so, I was wandering around the internet, day dreaming about the islands and a life in the sun - Surprise, surprise right?  Admittedly, I'm a bit of a YouTube junkie.  I seem to find endless amounts of entertainment, varying from auto reviews, to travel shows, to videos of people simply doing stupid things.  For the record, whenever you hear "Hey guys, watch this..." things are about to get funny, and in all likelihood painful for someone in the video you are watching.

So on one particular morning in the gym, I stumbled upon a nicely put together video, the first of which would become a series.  The series is called "EX-PATS".  For any who are unfamiliar with this moniker, it means "expatriate", or someone who has left their home country to live in a foreign land.  The best aspect for me about "EX-PATS" is that the series is centered around those who have moved to the islands, or to the Caribbean region.  Yes, they had my complete attention.

The host of this new show is none other than island legend Jimmy Buffett's daughter, Savannah Buffett.  For the kicker, the very first episode was centered around my favorite island of all, St. John.  The series is now at the end of it's first year and has now yielded a dozen episodes.  Production quality is excellent, and while I'm sure many aspects are staged, Savannah offers a very inviting and simple tone to every episode almost encouraging the viewer to take a moment to imagine the reality of making of move themselves.

The entire episode list can be found here EX-PATs with Savannah Jane Buffett.  And make sure to check out the first episode in the series, documenting Cheech and Kevin of St. John Brewers.  We had the pleasure of meeting Cheech last Fall while we were on island, and the additional pleasure of grabbing a few cold ones at their bar in Cruz Bay "The Tap Room".  I can not wait to have a few of their Tropical Mango and Island Summer Ales this Fall.  I can taste them now...

2 comments:

T.M. Thomas said...

Expatriate, actually.
Pedantic SOB, clearly.

CaribDream said...

I stand corrected...

Post a Comment