Monday, July 8, 2013

Welcome

After years of hearing the buzz-word "blog" and always assuming I would have nothing to do with it, a friend suggested I might use one to document my travels and the new adventures of which my wife and I are about to partake. After much reflection and contemplation of our current life, we recently began to turn our dream of making a life in the Caribbean into something more of a plan. 
Happy Hour, Saba Rock, Virgin Gorda

While we still view our endeavor as a bit far-fetched, we are taking it more seriously and starting to take steps towards moving aboard a sailboat in the Virgin Islands. Here in this blog, I will go back in time a bit with our travels through the islands, from our first visit to our current journey of learning to confidently skipper sailing yachts. 
At the helm of "Antiquity"

Everyone needs to start somewhere. We are on step 1 in what I am sure are more than a million steps. We may not succeed in our goal. We know that. However, we also know that if we never try, it will be guaranteed that we fail.


"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Damn, I think you got it figured out! Have Fun...

CaribDream said...

Thanks. I wouldn't say we have it figured out yet, as we have lots of details missing. But, we sure are having fun, and we're heading in the right direction.

Post a Comment